Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup Crisco
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup cooked pimpkin
1 cup chocolate chips
3 cups flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix all ingedients together either with an electric mixer or by hand. Drop by bite sized spoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes. Yield ...approx. 5 dozen.
Pumpkin Day Pancakes
1. Buy pancake mix and follow the directions.
2. Add 1/4 cup of canned pumpkin
3. Add 1/4 tsp. nutmeg and 1/4 tsp.cinnamon.
4. Ask a grown - up to cook the pancakes in a greased skillet or electric frying pan.
Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
* olive oil
* 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 350*
2. Wash the seeds thoroughly in warm water - make sure all the pumpkin gunk is gone.
3. Spread the seeds out on a paper towel and let them dry completely.
4. In a bowl or plastic bag, toss the seeds with olive oil.
5. Spread the seeds on a cookie sheet.
6. Sprinkle them with salt or other flavoring.
7. Place in oven for 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes.
Cool and serve.
Bread or wraps
Bacon bits ( or your favorite diced cold meat )
Bacon ( 1/2 strip for each bone )
Trim crust off bread. Spread with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon or diced meat. Roll up bread with meat and cheese inside. Wrap a 1/2 strip of bacon around the middle of rolled bread. Squeeze slightly to give the shape. Close with a toothpick. Bake in the oven at 400* for 10 - 12 minutes.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 in. pan.
1. Stir together the following dry ingredients:
1 cup cornmeal, 1 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 TBLS. baking powder, 1/3 tsp. salt
2. In a large bowl beat together the following wet ingredients:
3/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 eggs, 6 TBLS. melted butter
3. Add dry ingredients and mix, being careful not to overmix.
4. Pour into pan and bake 25 - 30 minutes.
Native American Slapjacks
1 egg 1/2 tsp. salt 1 cup milk 1 TBLS. shortening 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
butter 1/2 cup flour sugar
Crack the egg into a bowl. Add 1 cup of milk. Beat together. Add 1/2 cup of yellow cornmeal. Add 1/2 cup of flour. Add 1/2 tsp. salt. Turn on electric skillet to 350 degrees. Put a TBLS. of shortening into the skillet. Drop the batter by TBLS. into the hot skillet. When the edges look done, turn and cook the other side. Put slapjacks on a paper plate. Put butter and sugar on them. Clean up!
1/4 pkg. butterscotch chips
3 Tbls. sunbutter
1/4 c mini marshmmallows
3 1/2 c chow mein noodles
1. Heat sunbutter in a deep pot.
2. Stir in butterscotch chips
3. Remove pot from burner.
4. Add noodles, a little at a time, stiring constantly.
5. Once combined, add mashmallows - make sure they do not melt.
6. Spoon out on wax paper. Allow one hour for them to set.
~ Enjoy ~
Top of Page